A hardware designer’s guide to cellular IoT antenna design
- When? Wednesday, September 7th, 2022
- Dr. Aurora Andújar, Founder & Engineering Director, Ignion
- Johan Pedersen, Senior Director Business Development, Ignion
- Martin Lesund, Technical Marketing Manager, Cellular IoT, Nordic Semiconductor
- Why antenna design is crucial for a successful IoT product
- Live demo use of “Antenna Intelligence Cloud™” (AIC) for a Nordic device
- Best practices for cellular IoT antenna design
- Assess feasibility, prototype, optimize, certify
- Impact of PCB size & materials in proximity
- How to easily get started with Nordic & Ignion
This webinar will go through the best practices for embedding an antenna into a cellular IoT design of any size, to ensure that it not only passes cellular certification, but improves the quality of the final product.
This is made possible by the Virtual Antenna® technology from Ignion, which turns antenna design into simple RF circuit design. It enables hardware designers to embed an antenna, even with none or little RF experience.
We will go through how the antenna performance is influenced by PCB size, materials in proximity and show how you can easily assess the feasibility of your design through the “Antenna Intelligence Cloud”, before building any hardware.