An RF designer’s guide to smart metering applications
Design Challenges in Smart Meters: How Ignion and Telit Cinterion are Streamlining Solutions
With grid modernization high on the agenda, smart meters are delivering key insights into grid performance. Data gathered from millions of end points requires highly reliable and efficient wireless communication.
Reliability and accurate data backhaul are critical for smart metering devices to be effective. Combining secure cellular IoT modules and connectivity with advanced radio frequency (RF) design is essential to making a smart, efficient utility investment.
Smart meter manufacturers and meter solution providers are faced with multiple RF design challenges:
- Choosing the most appropriate RF technology for a given geography.
- Optimizing designs for multiple radio frequencies for power and efficiency.
- Radio performance levels.
Join our webinar to hear from Telit and antenna designer Ignion, to get guidance based on real-world examples of best practices in smart meter connectivity design. Attendees will learn:
- Why cellular is the communication method of choice for modern deployments.
- How to integrate the communication board with the main PCB for optimal performance.
- How to combine mainstream LTE bands with 450 MHz in one solution.
- The challenges of environmental factors and how to overcome them.
- Best practices for regulatory, industry and mobile network operator certifications.
- Overcoming power management challenges with the right module and connectivity solutions.
- Future trends in smart metering with RF integration.